On 25 Aug., the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of the People's Republic of China (MIIT) gave a reply to Proposal No.1434 at the 4th Session of the 13th CPPCC National Committee on Accelerating the Development of Alternative "Plastic" Bio-based New Materials (Proposal). The ministry said that it would work with the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC), the Ministry of Ecology and Environment of the People's Republic of China (MEE), and other departments to strengthen a top-down strategy and increase the policy guidance and R&D support for the bio-based materials industry. The development of bio-based materials will be a key task in the planning formulation of the raw material industry during the "14th Five-Year Plan" period (2021-2025).
Moreover, the MIIT unveiled its future measures to develop bio-based new materials on 5 aspects to proactively promote technology innovation of bio-based new materials and accelerate the treatment of white pollution.
Specific measures of the MIIT are indicated as follows:
- Strengthen policy design and implementation:
- It will join hands with relevant departments to actively and steadily promote the application of plastic alternative products, guide the bio-based new materials industry to make a reasonable investment layout, constantly improve product performance, reduce product costs, continue to promote the governance of the whole plastic pollution chain, and boost a standardised and orderly development of the bio-based materials industry.
- Accelerate the formulation of industry standards:
- It will work with relevant departments to continue supporting the preparation of bio-based new material standards, enhance the building of standard systems, and formulate related industry standards and timely launch filing work for bio-based new material technical requirements that do not have national standards and need to be unified nationwide. The ministry will support local governmental standardisation administrative departments to develop local norms for bio-based new materials in line with natural conditions, customs and other special technical requirements. Moreover, it will encourage relevant industry associations to devise group standards as a backbone for the promotion of bio-based new materials
- Deepen core technology breakthroughs:
- It will launch the "high-end functional and intelligent materials" key project of the national major R&D programs during the "14th Five-Year Plan" period together with relevant departments, take the "environment-friendly and functional materials" as one of the key task directions to principally research and develop fully biodegradable polymer materials that can achieve efficient chemical recycling, and carry out pilot and demonstration production technology research on monomers, polymer synthesis, and polymer depolymerisation and recycling monomers to provide technology-led solutions for China's sustainable development and eradication of white pollution.
- Increase publicity efforts:
- In conjunction with relevant departments, it will continue to promote the application of recyclable, easily recycled, and degradable alternative products and propel reduced sources of disposable plastic products. Moreover, it will also proceed to increase the promotion of bio-based materials, guide plastic product manufacturers to further implement green transformation following the whole life cycle concept, and continuously improve the level of green plastic product development.
- Support industry development and growth:
- The State Administration of Market Regulation will actively support Anhui Province to declare a national technical standard innovation base for the bio-based new materials industry according to procedures and speed up the transformation of enterprise technological innovation and scientific & technological achievements. As well, the administration will also support leading bio-based new materials companies to be strengthened in core technology breakthroughs, product promotion and application, etc. based on industrial base reengineering and special projects for high-quality development of the manufacturing industry.
More industry news or import/export analysis report sample, please email email@example.com.